Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to Frame your Artwork - My Suggestion

I decided to help those of you, who do need a few useful tips for matting and framing your artwork!

First, think about an appropriate color for your matt, if you don't like to experiment a lot, it should be a normal white or off-white color! The color of your matt can also reflect shades of the colors, you spot in the painting.

I always recommend to choose a matt and a frame, that matches the colors of the artwork and the surrounding (room), where you are about to hang your drawing.

And, this is my personal gusto: don't go to fancy with the framing, try to leave it simple, the mat and the frame are supposed to underline your unique piece of art.

It is easiest to explain it with pictures. Here are a few examples :


Cat furry, Pencil Drawing with white matt
Cat relaxing, Pencil Drawing with orange matt
Cat cleaning, Pencil Drawing with white matt

Cat cleaning, Pencil Drawing with orange matt

Cat calico, Pencil Drawing with self-made frame

Cat relaxing, Pencil Drawing framed and decorated 


Questions? Ask me!

I would be happy, if you leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join In!
I would love to hear from you ...